Piping Engineering Lead refers to the person responsible for carrying out all piping Engineering and Designing activities on a process plant project. The responsibilities of a PIL differs from the company, client, project type, project execution and construction philosophy.
Enroll in the Best Piping Engineering Institute in India here
The PEL plays a significant role, and his Must-Have Qualities are:
• Define the scope of the Piping effort needed for the project
• Define Piping execution methodology and outline deliverables
• Organize data files or data needs
• Participate in pre-bid meetings as a part of the proposal team
• Prepare material cost estimate for requirements in the Piping design
• Preparing a work execution schedule
• Plan all aspects of Piping activities
• Resource a team needed for completion of the piping project
• Recognize and notify all scope changes or trends that might affect the overall project cost
• State labour hour estimate required by the Piping effort
• Status reporting
• Timely and proper project completion
• Understand labour budget expenditure, production, and productivity
For Piping Engineering Diploma in India click here.
Role and Responsibilities of a Piping Engineer Lead:
• Understand what the position demands. It is he who is responsible for the overall plant and equipment arrangement
• Defining all the process and utility system of piping on the project
• Supervises a large group of people
• Take ownership of the deadlines and deliverables
• Take care of the quality of effort and manage the budget and schedule aspect
Be diplomatic and practical at the same time: Since PEL needs to have direct contact with all the Engineering groups, non-engineering departments, the Client, Contractors, Vendors, Regulatory Agencies, and Licensors he needs to work in tandem and discuss mutual needs and contributions. This becomes especially important in dealings with the Client.
Manage Coordination: Manage and coordinate between different groups working the area of Process, Civil, Structural, Mechanical Equipment, Vessels & Tanks, Electrical and Instruments/Control Systems. These groups together work to Piping’s success and hence it is essential to act as a team.